Monday, November 2, 2009

BrieOcea turns 12!








Brie turned 12 on October 24th. My little girl is not allowed to have any more birthdays. I made a new rule that she can no longer grow older. But since she is making the choice to defy my rule, it is fun watching her grow into a young woman. She has such a sweet little spirit about her. She loves that she now belongs to the Beehives. Every sunday she has a new spiritual experience because her Beehive teachers are so awesome. She warms my heart, and inspires me to be better. She came home after her first time in Young Womens and exclaimed that she felt the spirit to the point that she nearly cried. If you know Brie, you know that she 'nearly cries' at everything she doesn't cry at (I am sure many of you remember that she had a complete and utter meltdown when King Kong finally died at the end of the movie). But it is still awesome to be a mom of a little girl who feels so much, and who has a testimony at such a young age.

She had a lot of fun on her birthday. She will always have a Halloween party. This year everyone dressed up in their costumes and went 'Treat or Tricking' - reverse trick or treating...knocking on doors and giving candy to the kids at the different homes. She received a Mountain Bike with gears, a tumbling blow-up thingy featured in the video below (and don't worry, she only suffered minor injuries), and a cell phone. A little bit spoiled, but she deserves to be a little spoiled.



5 comments:

Laurie said...

I told her at Eight that she wasn't allowed to get any older!! That girl of yours just doesn't listen!

When I called her to wish her a happy birthday, I nearly cried (okay I cried). I love that young woman! (did I just say "young woman!")

Free Range Chick said...

You have such a beautiful daughter. I agree with keeping her young. I don't want my girls to grow up either.

Oh,Scrap! said...

What a cute blog! I am so excited to have Brie in Beehives and can't wait to get to know her more.

Mackenzie and JT said...

She really is such a special girl. I love her so freaking much. I really do feel privleged to be her Aunt, well, her favorite Auntie :) She is so dang beautiful too! Pretty girls are suppose to be brats. But she is so sweet and beautiful. She has the entire package.
I thought I was so nice and sweet cause I was an ugly fatty and I HAD to have a good personality. My beauty came with time, so now I am pretty, funny and sweet.(sarcasm)

Deedles said...

Jamie she is beautiful! I can't believe how much she has grown up since we last saw you all! I'm going to add your blog to my blog list so I can keep up with your family!