Monday, March 10, 2008

Brooks Lucas Harris


He is known to most by Lucas, or Luke. But recently among his school-mates, he goes by Brooks. However, if you happen to come across him at church, he prefers the moniker, LeLoy. I don't understand why he likes having so many alias's. I hope that he doesn't have an identity crises in the near future. Me, as his mom will continue to call him Lucas, but you may use what you like.


Lucas just turned 8, and is in 2nd grade. He is a very smart little kid, and all of his teachers love him at school. It is remarkable how he can have as many personalities as he does pseudonyms. At home, he likes to try my patience. He tries to act as crazy as possible, fight me about doing his chores, or act like the sweetest kid in the world. If he wants something out of me, he will exclaim "Quick! Everybody fold your arms!" Like this is going to make me buy him candy! He has a lot to learn. At school and at church he is a little angel, and loves to learn. When he is with his friends, he likes to be funny.


He loves video games and can keep up with his dad when they are playing Halo 3. He is learning to play tennis and to ride a skateboard. I think that he has alot of hidden talents. It is fun to get to know the person he is becoming.


He recently was baptised. I was pleased to have the opportunity to be with him when he had his bishop's interview. He was really excited about being able to have a one on one with the bishop. The bishop asked him many questions, and Luke answered 'yes' or 'no' to them, and didn't elaborate much. Then when the interview was finished, we left and he exclaimed, "That was so much fun!" I did not expect to hear that he had fun! He then went on to say, "I just had the best feeling when the bishop prayed, and when he asked me if I believed in Jesus, and the prophet, and the gospel!" I was so pleased that my crazy little boy had an actual spiritual experience. I told him that was the spirit testifying to him that the church is true, and that he was making the right decision to be baptised.

4 comments:

Lobdell family said...

I love the pictures. He looks so much like Ed with their smiles. Congrats Lucas!!! (and parents to)

Mackenzie and JT said...

Oh! I wish I could have been there! He is so cutie!! I love all of his personalities... He is always the cute sweet one around me. Haha.. I love the part when he said the interview was so much fun! haha.

Joanne Franklin said...

My dearest handsome Lucas,
I am so happy to have you as my sweet little great-grandson. I must be the luckiest great-grandma in the world, because I have NINE of the best little spirits that our Father in Heaven could send to Earth.What more could a great-grandma wish for? I will love you forever, Great-Grandma Joanne

Sara and AJ said...

I am so proud of our little man!!! I remember all too well Ed coming home to visit with Jamie, Bri, and Lucas!!! he was the cutest baby!!! and so much fun to hold!!! I absolutely cannot believe how big and mature he is getting!!! We love you bud!!!! can't wait to see you!!!