Monday, February 18, 2008

Traedon Kent Harris



Traedon is our third child, thus the name Trae. His middle name is for Grandpa Edde. He just turned 5 on January 14th. Trae is a very honest kid, at least ever since he cut his hair to his scalp. I think that is when he learned the importance of telling the truth. When I confronted him about his new 'short' hairstyle, he proceded to blame it on his brother. I almost believed him (because I wouldn't have put it past Luke) until he changed his story and said that BrieOcea did it. He finally came clean, and since then I don't recall him ever lying. Now when I confront him on why he mooned his brothers friend, or poured sugar in the formal living room, or even ask him what he is eating, he just responds, "am I grounded?"


Trae also loves telling jokes and making people laugh. When you see him next, ask him about his sausage joke, or the two thumbs joke. It might just make your day. He is very candid, and will say what is on his mind...whether it be telling a little girl that she is chubby, or letting a grandma-lady know that her teeth are yellow, and that she needs to brush them. I have tried to teach him how to say the politically correct answer when his aunts ask him who his favorite aunt is. I tell him "if it is only Kenzie, tell her that Kenzie is your favorite Aunt. If it is only Brooke tell her the Brooke is your favorite Aunt. But if it is both Kenzie and Brooke, tell them that it is a tie between Laurie, Stacy & Jill." Maybe it will get them to stop asking :)

3 comments:

Mackenzie and JT said...

Haha.. Trae! I think he is so freaking cute!! I love his scratchy little voice! I have Trae recorded on my phone telling his sausage joke.. I show it to people all the time! Everyone always cracks up.

Joanne Franklin said...

Hey, you good lookin' guy!
I love the picture of you holding your baby brother. You look like you are really a big help to your Mom and Dad. You really scared me with that other picture. I think I heard you growl. Oh my! Next time I see you I want you to tell me the "sausage" joke. I think it must be very funny. I love you and will forever and ever. Hugs and kisses from, Great-Grandma Joanne

Sara and AJ said...

Trae is definitely a Harris!!! I do remember a time when I though "uh oh, Ed got a Melissa/Isaac baby!" :) meaning "hyper" and "energetic" which trust me, my brother was not like that!! unless you we go back to the time when we lived in Dixon, and Ed and his friends decided to throw bricks across a frozen pool!!!! :( which meant we didn't have a swimming pool to swim in the last summer we lived there!!! anyways, this is about Trae and not Ed :) What a ham Trae is, he makes AJ and I laugh every single time he is around, and I can't help but want to follow him around to see what he is up too!!! It's time for you guys to move up to Idaho, now that James, Misty and Gabriel are back up here!!! Can't wait to play with my Nephew, we love you Trae.