Sunday, February 17, 2008

Rohnin Shippee Harris




















Rohnin is our fourth and final child. I am kind of sad to think that he is our last for the following reasons: 1. I really kind of like being pregnant and giving birth. 2. Babies are like candy, their burps are sweet as well as their poops. 3. Their smiles warm my heart. 4. I now feel the wrinkles starting to form around my eyes....(getting o l d)


Rohnin was born October 19th, 2007. He was named for a fallen Samarai (Ronin), kind of cool. His middle name is the family surname after whom Edgar was named (Edgar Andrew Shippee). This round-aboutly makes him named after his dad without plaguing a poor child with the name of Edgar...not that there is anything wrong with the name, only few can pull it off!


Rohnin came into the world after an eternity trying (well, maybe only a year. But it seemed like an eternity), and after a few miscarraiges. Edgar and I both feel very blessed to have him because we thought that we might be miscarrying him too. But after a priesthood blessing, and a miracle, we were able to bring a perfect 7lb 15 oz baby into the world. The delivery was cake, the recovery was more like peanut butter. He came home without any ailments, not even jaundis like the other three.


He is now nearly four months old, and sleeps through the night in his own crib. He loves to be held by anyone that will hold him. If you are lucky enough, he will give you a toothless wide-mouthed grin. If you are unlucky enough, that grin will be followed by puke.

4 comments:

Lobdell family said...

I have the cutest nephews I think. I like your blog. You can give me pointers to.

Mackenzie and JT said...

He is so darling. I am so glad you and Ed deciding to have a 4th. I didnt realize you had such an easy delivery! Compared to BrieOcea's wrenching 16 hour labor! Now that his little face is developing. He looks SO much like Trae, and his dad!!

Joanne Franklin said...

My sweet little Rohnin! I know you can't read yet, but someday you will be reading this little blog note. And I want you to know that you are very precious to me right now, and you always will be. And please, dear child, remember that and reserve a little corner of your heart for
your Great-Grandma Joanne

Sara and AJ said...

We do have the cutest nephews!!! It's hard for me to believe that I have only seen Rohnin once!!! I never wanted to be the Aunt that you never saw and were scared of!! and unfortunately I think that's happening!! What a precious little spirit, although I feel he has a strong spirit! I'm so excited there is a blog where I can at least see my nephews, and niece as they are growing. It definitely makes me feel like I need to stay in better touch!!! we love you so much Rohnin!!!